Thursday 27 March 2008

Jump

Now I think about it, it was absolutely crazy
I used to work with some crazy peeps man
We all wanted to do Skydiving
It was talked about a lot
I had always wanted to do something outrageous
I decided to do it, paid the deposit
No turning back

I decided not to tell my mother as she will stop me
I told my younger bro and he played it down
I told my sis, she was hysterical so I lied that it was only a tot
I remember telling my pastor who categorically said
I am not going to pray for you cos black man is supposed to do things on land
we all laughed about it
Countdown to the day
I was very numb emotionally
I acted normally

Got to the pick up point
Many of my colleagues were shocked that I was going thru with it
I made sure I repented of all my horrible thoughts
If I am going to die, I want to be saying hello Daddy (GOD)
We arrived at our destination
Registration, introduction was fabulous and it was a breeze
I just started laughing and I couldn't stop
Like I had been given a happy dose of laughing gas
I got in my jump suit, the hat was hilarious

The plane started lifting after the runway
The ride was awful!!!
It was a bumpy ride and seriously I could not wait to get out
I will rather die flying myself
At least I will be in control
In spite of this
I was still laughing beyond belief
In retrospect, I think I was laughing at the way I had chosen to die

At 14, 000 feet at 12:05hrs, the plane stopped
Strapped to an instructor with my own camera man
My colleague had just jumped and he had 2 thumbs up weeeeeeeeeeee
I got to the edge of the plane door
we were above the clouds so I could not see the ground
My blackness, africanness returned
who sent me here?
Before I could change my mind
I jumped on the count of 3
It was as if an angel moved
Because it certainly wasn't me
With my eyes closed for a nanosecond
I am like damn!!, if I am going to die I might as well see it

Then we were flying
The rush was amazing
Freefalling at 180ml/sec
My heart felt like it was coming out of my mouth for the 1st 5 seconds
I was screaming
"that is wonderful" oh my God how I love you.........."
45 seconds felt like a nanosecond
Then the cord was pulled for the shute to come out
More screaming and laughing
I saw the beauiful clouds- formed rather well
If only i could touch it and put in a box
the speed reduced to 120ml/sec as the parachute came out
I felt like I was on top of the world
Still screaming and laughing saying a lot of nothings
I landed on my left knee unfortunately
I hd some scratches, it bled but I didn't feel the pain

I had done what I could only watch on TV
dream about or procastinate about
It was too amazing, adrenaline pumping, exhilirating rush
I was serioussly high for the next 2 weeks
Now I know why some people take drug continuously
So what's next I ask

'We should go Sky skiing
where you will be skiing in the sky literally
These people dey craze!!!!!!!

more coming in part 2

copywright ejatutu

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hehehehehe
Oh Lord of Nigeria
You get courage o

If I will be in the air
for any reason
I must be in a plane
or a helicopter

O'Dee said...

Lol! I can only imagine hw u felt.

Tears said...

LOL! cool!! wld be waitn for ur part two!

ejatutu said...

@olamild: LOL, that will be my normal mode of transport as well but what's a gal to do

@oluwadee: i stil can't describe it, hysteria, ecstacy......

darkelcee said...

haaa

omo that was ehnnnn deadly?

i am sure you took eba the day you went to register? lolllll

haaa sky diving no be naija gamewe do somin like ludo or ten ten.lolllllllllllllllll